That winter can be pretty harsh on your skin is an understatement. What's the trick to keeping the winter skin care blues away? A little “cocktailing” can turn your dehydrated and lackluster complexion into hydrated, dewy and glowing.
- Stop all mechanical exfoliation, like scrubs and harsh brushes. They can just add to the problem. Instead, use mild peels to exfoliate in order to increase absorption of serums and moisturizers. My recommendation: the Red Carpet Facial or Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Packettes.
- Replace your foamy cleanser with less drying, hydrating versions. But, if you prefer to stay with a foamy cleanser, add a few drops of avocado oil or olive oil into your cleanser.
- Use few drops of rich serum in your moisturizer daily. If buying a rich serum is not feasible, add a few drops of pomegranate or olive oil.
- Combine serums for better absorptions and hydration. My favorite combination is alphahydroxy serums with rich, oily peptide concoctions — such as the Lactic Acid Hydrating Serum cocktailed with the Reparative Nutrient Serum. Mix half and half and massage into your skin at night and watch your skin transform in just a couple of applications.
- Add a few drops of hyaluronic acid serum to all your moisturizers and eye creams for more hydrated, dewier complexion.
- Mix your favorite mask with equal amounts of avocado and olive oil and instead of leaving it on your face, massage vigorously into your skin while taking a bath.
- When in freezing climates (think skiing) use only products with an oily base rather than water-based moisturizers. Water-based products will freeze on your face and cause more environmental damage. My recommendation: Reparative Nutrient Serum.