What goes around comes around—this is a GREAT thing in the case of niacinamide. I began incorporating this form of Vitamin B3 into various rejuvenating facials and products over a decade ago. Niacinamide (not to be confused with niacin) isn’t just a trendy ingredient or a passing fad. It’s a proven multi-tasker that’s great for all skin types.
Let’s take a look at exactly what it can do for your skin!
- Firms and strengthen. Research shows niacinamide increases production of keratin, a protein that keep your skin firm and healthy.
- Prevents dryness and irritation. Niacinamide helps preserve your natural lipid barrier function, so your skin can retain moisture. This protective function is key for people with sensitive skin or eczema.
- Fights photo-aging. Niacinamide is also a proven brightening ingredient that can help with hyperpigmentation and visible signs of aging and sun damage.
- Helps with acne. Niacinamide can help reduce acne flare ups by easing inflammation and preventing your oil glands from going into overdrive. It also helps minimize pores!
- Sooths irritation and inflammation. Niacinamide is great for calming skin after retinols or post laser treatments.
Now, you’re probably thinking, “All of the above, please!” However, for any ingredient to work it must work in synergy with the rest of the formulas as a whole. Niacinamide works really well in products with acids, peptides and ceramides.
A good rule of thumb when shopping for skincare: go for trust not trends. Look for products from experts who actually work with skin. Stuff that’s been developed and tested on actual faces. These products always work better than ones that tout flashy ingredient trends!
Find Niacinamide in... THE EYE CREAM